Tuesday, September 11, 2007

OMG...

omg!!!! my dream has been a simple one yet out of reach for sooo long. on all those silly surveys we all like to do, the question appears over and over... "who would you like to meet?" well, my answer is always the same... SANDRA CISNEROS! she is simply my favorite author of all time. it sounds like a simple thing really, she's a writer, people don't stalk writers like they do celebs. but, then again, how does one go about meeting such people? whatever... i digress from my point. the point is... I MET HER!!! last night, yes, she had a reading at CSUCI and i went. i stood, i was late because of classes, and there she was! she read a new essay she's working on and then read from her last novel (all of which i already own). and yes, i had to buy another book (i wasn't planning on seeing her... who knew?) but it was worth the 12 bucks to have her signature on MY book... it's like her magic can spread on my book shelve... i was sooo excited...

yes, i have can now say i met sandra cisneros...

3 comments:

Amanda Ann said...

WAY COOL!!! I have no idea who she is, but I am happy for you!!!

Marie said...

Hey i just realized u havent been tagged...so i tag u and u have to list 6 random/odd facts about urself! :)

Marie said...

Oh and that is sooo cool i thought i left u a comment about this already! What the heck lol!